Date of revision: 14 06 2017
ThesisinMotion.com is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site. The following explains the ways in which we collect and use personal information from you, how we use it and how you can request that this information be updated, corrected, or how you can opt out.
Thesis in Motion reserves the right to amend or modify this policy from time to time. Please revisit this policy periodically to check for changes. Note the date of the last revision at the top of this document.
By using the ThesisinMotion.com website, you are agreeing to the data practices described in this policy. If you have concerns about privacy or data use, or any questions regarding how we use your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect from you as you browse our website:
ThesisinMotion.com collects personally identifiable information, such as
- your email address, name, user name, postal address, phone number(s), gender, country of origin, language(s)
- records of correspondence when you contact us with questions, requests and when you place orders through the Site, contact us by phone or email
- information automatically collected by our web server such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, time/date stamps. We link these automatically collected data to other information we hold about you.
- details of your visits to the Site including access time, the pages you visit, and the services you access. These are used to deliver customized content and to improve the quality of our site, as well as to assist you further.
- If you register or order educational or other products or services, set up a Social Network or other Site profile this information is also collected.
- We may notify you about functional changes, alterations and upgrades to the Site
- financial information. If you use the store to purchase products or services, we keep track of the details and the fulfillment of your orders.
How we use these data and the security we provide:
We never sell, share or rent any of your information (except for anonymous aggregate summary information) with any third party.
We do not provide your Personal Information or identifiable data, and will only provide aggregated summary information, to 3rd parties such as our partners, advertisers and educational institutions
We use the data you supply to
- respond to your inquiries
- respond to any complaints or requests for aggregated information
- provide the products and services you request, such as shipping your order or offering customer service
- create a mailing list to supply you with information that might be of interest to you and the blog community
- enhance collaboration and communication among members of the Site community including you if you have signed up to participate, including through related Social Networks and unrelated sites that have their own privacy policies that may differ from ours
- provide you with promotions in which you might have an interest, including advertisements and marketing by 3rd parties such as editing services
- We may also collect anonymous demographic information, such as your postal code, country etc. to help us to improve the site and make it more useful to its users.
Your financial information:
When you place an order through our store, we will take commercially reasonable measures to ensure your information is secure and protected from loss, misuse and alteration, while under our control.
The information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology Ian – need something here about encryption – one site has SSL (Secure Socket Layer) 128 bit encryption
Where we have given you or you have selected a password to access the Site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential, and not sharing it with anyone else.
While we will do our very best to ensure the security of your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. It is something of a technological “Wild West” and subject to infiltration, therefore we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorized access, loss or misuse that is beyond our control. Please therefore take care when you disclose your personal information through insecure e-mail, blog channels or Social Networks. Do not send financial or identifying information through these sites that are not encrypted, including those on the Site of ThesisinMotion.com.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or if you do not want to receive details of 3rd party marketing and advertising of goods and services that may be of interest to you, please check the relevant box on the Agreement form, or notify us at email@example.com. If you no longer desire our service, or if you choose to deactivate your account or withdraw from membership in the community, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or deactivate it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, or as needed to provide services. We will retain your information on file for up to 7 years to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Your Personal Information will continue to be stored securely.
Cookies, log files and other tracking technologies:
To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
This cookie is only used on the SDDU Online network of websites where BuddyPress is deployed and is used in relation to the BuddyPress default “activity page” and the “load more” feature. The cookie remembers what page of activity the “load more” is on.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site
The Site ThesisinMotion.com provides links to websites of other organizations that we deem to be of interest to our clients. A link does not constitute our endorsement of the value, accuracy or usefulness of the content, opinions, viewpoints or evidence that these secondary websites provide, nor for their privacy practices. Please check the terms and conditions of use of these other websites since we cannot be responsible for the protection of data supplied to other sites.
Blog site – our Community Forum:
Our web site offers a community site where you can post blogs that are publicly accessible. While we encourage use of the Community Site as a way to reduce the loneliness of the thesis process, please be aware that any information you provide in the blogs may be collected, read, and used by others. If you want to be removed from the blog site please let us know at email@example.com
Please see the guidelines and editorial for writing and posting blogs, below
Courtesy and Respect
If you prefer, your entries in the blog can be anonymous. We do not currently have a moderation policy so if you post a blog comment, it will appear immediately. We encourage the free flow of ideas, tips, comments and experiences, and expect there to be dissenting opinions. While the purpose of the Community blog forum is to encourage debate and critical analysis that other clients will find useful and interesting, we request that you respect the alternative opinions of others. Posts that are deemed by staff at Thesis in Motion to be bigoted, racist, sexist, ageist, or mean-spirited will be deleted. Thesis in Motion reserves the right to delete obvious attempts by 3rd party vendors to sell services and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ads, as well as other comments deemed to be inappropriate.
Managers of the ThesisinMotion.com website will disclose your personal information, without notice, only of required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary 1) to comply with a legal process served on ThesisinMotion.com or the Site, 2) to protect or defend the property rights of ThesisinMotion.com or 3) to act to protect the personal safety of users of ThesisinMotion.com or the public.